Support?

The Lounge for Discussing Sega Razor and The Razor's Proposal and grass roots movement to SEGA.
Sonic Team

Support?

Postby Sonic Team » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Let me start of by saying I'd love to see a new piece of Sega Hardware, so I'm all for whatever project makes that happen.

However, I looked at the patreon page and it has no supporters and the petition has only 16 signatures and the Twitter has only 4 followers.
Not to be disparaging, but I just wonder why it seems that this has no support and the creators don't seem to be pushing it.

My questions would be:
Is this something that is being advertised?
Why isn't there a social media presence? I cant find an Instagram or Facebook page dedicated to this project.
Will there be a kickstarter? Why can't I find news on how it can be supported?
Will there be corporate backing? Is there any news of contact with corporate entities that may indicate some form of support?
What is being done to make this happen?

And lastly, What makes operation Razor different from Project Dream?
These are serious questions and not intended to be inflammatory in any way, I just think fans would like to know whats happening.

SegaRenaissance
Site Admin

Re: Support?

Postby SegaRenaissance » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Sonic Team wrote:Let me start of by saying I'd love to see a new piece of Sega Hardware, so I'm all for whatever project makes that happen.

However, I looked at the patreon page and it has no supporters and the petition has only 16 signatures and the Twitter has only 4 followers.
Not to be disparaging, but I just wonder why it seems that this has no support and the creators don't seem to be pushing it.

My questions would be:
Is this something that is being advertised?
Why isn't there a social media presence? I cant find an Instagram or Facebook page dedicated to this project.
Will there be a kickstarter? Why can't I find news on how it can be supported?
Will there be corporate backing? Is there any news of contact with corporate entities that may indicate some form of support?
What is being done to make this happen?

And lastly, What makes operation Razor different from Project Dream?
These are serious questions and not intended to be inflammatory in any way, I just think fans would like to know whats happening.

Thank you very much for posting and asking questions.

1. Yes. Our trailer should be posted tonight.
2. There is. It's just that due to the Project Dream/DC Revival debacle we are on the fence about ANY FB activity. Most of our outreach is going to be through Twitch,Twitter and Instagram(coming soon.) We also have an upcoming site in the works.
3. Highly Unlikely.
4. We are trying to reach out for corporate backing so please sign the petition and share it! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/operationrazor

We have an actual mockup design and are in the process of having a patent for it filed. Once its "Patent Pending" we'll show off a physical mockup casing for display at future events like PAX and such. We have direct contacts with SEGA Holdings in Japan through interns.

We're NOTHING like PD. For one as you see, we're allowing and fielding questions(They never did) for 2, we're relentless and passionate about making Razor a SEGA console and a reality, 3 we're unified and 4, we're determined and way better organized,with better resources than PD.
Sega United's Head Honcho and lifelong SEGA fan determined to help bring SEGA back to the console business.